Heavy Menstrual Bleeding: The Monthly Horror Show Nobody Talks About
Is your period abnormally heavy? Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you think your period might be too heavy in terms of too much blood or too much pain?
- Does your period make you feel restricted in your daily life? For example, do you worry about clothes bleeding through, or do you plan activities so you don't have your period during them?
- Do you change your period products (tampon, pad, or cup) at least every 3 hours?
- Do you need to change your period products during the night?
- Do you need protective materials in addition to period products to prevent bleeding through clothing or onto seating surfaces?
- Are your periods longer than eight days?
- Does your period sometimes come entirely unexpectedly?
- Do you sometimes pass large clots of blood during your period?
- Do you sometimes feel exhausted and out of breath during your period?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, it could be a symptom of an underlying condition. We recommend that you discuss your answers to these questions at your next appointment with your healthcare provider. They can help you determine the cause of your bleeding and recommend treatment options.
Important Safety Information The Sonata System is intended for diagnostic intrauterine imaging and transcervical treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids, including those associated with heavy menstrual bleeding. Common Side Effects include bleeding, spotting, cramping, post-ablation inflammatory symptoms, and/or discharge. There are potential risks with this treatment such as skin burn and infection. Women who are pregnant, have a pelvic infection, are known to have gynecologic cancer, or have intratubal implants for sterilization should not have this procedure. For full safety information visit, https://sonatatreatment.com/safety-information/. Talk to your doctor to see if Sonata Treatment is right for you.